CTO - Cofounder at Flylancer
At Flylancer we're busy building the world's largest global offline community for remote workers. Our HQ is based in Barcelona and many of our team are based all over the world working remotely.
12 months down the road, Flylancer is looking for an experienced tech lead to join our Founder as a full time vested partner in a CTO role to oversee an exciting new chapter within the business.
According to a recent study by Accenture "in 2020 43% of the US workforce will be freelance" making it the fastest growing labor market in the world.
Flylancer is at the very forefront of this 'future of work' movement, with a fully remote team and an unwavering passion for changing the status quo for independent professionals.
In just 12 months it has built up a membership base from just 10 people in Barcelona to +2450 in 13 cities all over the globe, to become the largest offline network for remote workers and freelancers in the world.
The project has also managed to inspire the support and energy of a global network of volunteers who champion the values of the network and community and who are deeply involved in propelling Flylancer towards success.
Requirements & Experience:
- 4yrs+ experience as a senior developer. Ideally 2yrs+ as a tech lead. Bonus points for experience working at an early-stage startup.
- Demonstrable portfolio of any of the following: design, backend, frontend, APIs, data-driven work, automated testing.
- Experience building products from scratch including MVPS - Ideally SAAS or Social Network based.
- Experience drafting and approving development backlogs.
- Deep understanding of lean methodologies and project management principles.
- Experience planning, building and implementing conversion sales funnels and growth tools in collaboration with Marketing teams. Good understanding of A/B testing.
- Proven interest in habit forming technology, user centered design and driving development through data and improved CX.
- Experience scaling and managing teams and solving problems around scaling.
Nice to haves:
- Have excelled working in a startup
- Ability to judge both long and short term goals in parallel. Think global, act local
- Native App / Mobile App development experience
- Experience as a startup founder
- You’re in Barcelona
- You’re either already living in Barcelona, or you would be happy to live in the Catalonian capital to work alongside our HQ team.
- Passion for the movement - Proven interest or experience working within ‘the future of work’ movement, freelancing, remote work and/or independent professionalism.
- Dedicated and hardworking - You get stuck in, live for executing and finishing projects and you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty with the rest of the team.
- Work well under pressure - You can be relied upon even under the pressure of business management, startup decision making and unexpected changes.
- Committed - You’re not thinking in one or two year terms, but how our efforts will impact the world in 5-10 years time. You’re able to defer a salary for an initial period of 6-10 months in place of equity and are available to take up a full-time position.
- Social Entrepreneur - You share our belief that building stable viable and scalable businesses founded on the principles of effecting positive social change and fighting for the rights and benefits of minority groups can help make the world a better place.