Tech Co-Founder / Tech Lead at Onigo
-- Overview --
At Onigo, our vision is a world where everyone has easy access to active, social and fun experiences that improve mental and physical health 🙌.
First up, we’re tackling physical inactivity and social isolation by creating digital adventure games in your local park. In the first 5 months we’ve achieved a lot:
- 2 ‘outdoor escape games’ live across 2 London locations
- 600+ users
- 400+ paid customers
- 4 x corporate clients
- Awarded sizeable 1 year contract with a local authority
Having achieved proof of concept and revenue generation, we’re now in the process of raising investment in order to deliver weekly adventure game meetups around the world.
We’re looking for a talented and entrepreneurial Tech Co-Founder / Tech Lead to oversee the tech function of the business including the design and development of Onigo’s mobile app. The successful candidate will work alongside Onigo’s Co-Founder, who has worked in the sports & fitness industry for a decade along with a stellar advisory board including the former CTOs of Made.com and Onefinestay, Head of Esports at Riot Games and Marketing Director of Virgin Atlantic & Orange.
-- The role --
You will be responsible for establishing the product roadmap, the technology stack, appointing and leading developers and the day to day management of Onigo’s existing games and website. This is a hands-on role in an ambitious start-up that requires the candidate to take a helicopter view and to execute.
In addition to the appropriate technical skills, we are seeking someone who will share our vision and be able to contribute to this through your technical insight, and who is passionate about finding ways to use technology to improve and create new products. You will have a collaborative approach and strong interpersonal skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
Please note this role is dependent on successful fundraising. We don’t expect the successful candidate to work for us prior to this, though we will expect you to take time to understand our vision and how you might accomplish this, and to attend appropriate investor meetings. In return, we will offer you:
- An attractive salary upon investment of £35k - £55k pa
- 10 - 15% equity
- The opportunity to join our social-led mission to become the largest exercise provider in the world without owning any facility or equipment.
- The opportunity to work on complex problems with the support of leading advisors
- The opportunity to set the pace of the business and be involved in a movement from the beginning.
- Enjoy a flexible working culture
-- Responsibilities --
- To manage, lead and set the vision for the technology function of the business
- To design and oversee the development of the Onigo mobile app across iOS and Android that will deliver our adventures seamlessly and facilitate community interaction
- Manage the day to day operation for the Onigo website
- Manage the day to day operation for Onigo’s live adventures (currently a web app, built with ES6, node.js Firebase Cloud Functions and a Google Firebase realtime database, but we aren’t attached to these and would expect you to implement your own ideas as the product scales)
- Identify competitive advantages and technological trends for the benefit the company
- Implement responsible security measures to ensure compliance with relevant data and security regulations including GDPR
-- Qualifications & Skills --
- Interested in helping improve mental & physical health and / or getting people active and socially connected
- Vision and skill to implement user centric mobile application and web experiences
- Familiar with or interest in geolocation and geofencing
- Collaborative team player
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Drive to go above and beyond within a start-up environment
- Happy to talk to people with varying levels of experience
-- Our Philosophy --
As an early stage start-up we offer you the opportunity to become the Tech Co-Founder / Tech Lead of a social impact business with a big commercial mission: to become the largest exercise provider in the world without owning a facility or equipment.
We offer a flexible working policy where we are happy for you to work remotely when you wish or to use our awesome co-working space at Huckletree in West London (oh the coffee…!).
You can choose the hours that will suit you and take holiday when you like. All we ask is that you deliver on your role and responsibilities 🙌
We are also part of the OpenActive Accelerator Programme which offers fantastic mentorship, workshop and networking opportunities.